Why Become a Member Organisation of PETbc?
To give the general public the reassurance that membership of a well-established and well respected representative and self-regulatory body that: –
- represents the canine and feline sector exclusively;
- holds itself and it members to the highest quality of service provision and canine and feline welfare
- To be part of an organisation that embraces the value of not only academic but also vocational learning qualifications and practical experience
- The PETbc can be YOUR voice in a fast developing and changing landscape of potential regulatory changes
- So that YOUR organisation can participate in shaping the future of the pet industry
- If YOUR organisation believes that people should have access to highly competent species-specific professionals that have not only been academically but vocationally trained – JOIN US!
Addressing the increasing pressure in the industry.
There is increasing pressure to regulate the pet education industry and alongside the regulatory pressure (which in itself is not a bad thing) there is an increasing risk, if the voices of all interested parties are not adequately heard that the industry will find itself regulated by those who have an exclusive rather than inclusive agenda and that dictates to, rather than listens to and considers the collective wisdom of all established organisations within the industry. We listen to our member organisations, obtain your views, endeavour to understand your concerns and provide a strong and collective voice for all.
The PETbc has always since inception been actively involved in advising and influencing those responsible for developing and implementing governmental policy and legislation pertaining to our industry. We will continue to work on behalf of our member organisations to ensure their interests and concerns are properly considered in any future changes in law and regulation of the pet industry.
There are more benefits to being a Member Organisation of PETbc!
Membership of the PETbc is conferred only upon organisations that meet the rigorous quality standards required, this enables us to maintain a high level of public trust in organisations bearing the PETbc membership logo.
As a member organisation of the PETbc, you will have the benefit of:
How do I become a Member Organisation of the PETbc?
The Pet Education, Training and Behaviour Council (PETbc) has been formed to represent member associations or broad based groups within the sector and provide them with all the benefits conferred by being part of an overarching regulatory body which sets the highest of standards for its members and also, but certainly not least, effective representation in the community. A member organisation is eligible to join the PETbc if they are a ‘Professional Membership Association’ or a ‘Professional Course Provider’ as defined here.
Within the membership structure, organisations can also apply to become PETbc Affiliate Members. An Affiliate Membership is a class of membership for independent organisations that support and agree with the principles of the PETbc. Affliate member organisations whilst able to use the PETbc logo must alongside this confirm the affiliate status and do not have the option of becoming PETbc accredited.
What does it mean to be a PETbc Education Partner?
PETbc Education Partners are seen as
- Leaders in their field
- Trusted voices in their education sector
- Reputable and trusted providers of high-quality courses in specific pet care and education
The PETbc Education Partner network offers the resources, knowledge and skills to produce outstanding companion animal behaviour, psychology and training courses. PETbc will highlight and promote our Education Partners’ work and ethos for the benefit of the pet owning public. We have a world class reputation through our education course providers.
Explore pages within this section
PETbc Course Approval
For Professional Course Providers